Tuesday, February 12, 2019

February 12, 2019


  Magandang Umaga sa inyong sa lahat! (Good Day Everyone!) [Tagalog]

  I’ll be honest. These past two weeks have been stressful but that’s okay. Everyone has their good and bad weeks. Right now I’m at NSCC Bath and Coffee. This place is real cool! I wasn’t sure if I could do my homework here but I asked and they said yes. Later, I saw that there were students all around me! So, I’ll probably come here when I want to concentrate or to do a study group session. I was supposed to find the brewery that my Brother wanted me to find but I have yet to finish the outline to the powerpoint that I’ll have to present.

  I wanted to share Filipino history with you all since I’m having to read so much of it. But I don’t want to include it in this post because Kanawedan just finished! Kanawedan is a time where a carnival, trade fair, food fair, and concerts all happen in Tamag, Vigan City. My apartment is LITERALLY right in the middle of the commotion and to my surprise I’m used to the noise so I can sleep through it.

  The dorm doors have been staying open all night because of the festival but I’ve been returning at 8 to 8:30 like the regular time that way I don’t mentally come home at the wrong time. I have a mental clock that has me checking the time around 7:50. I check to see what I’m doing and finish up or if I’m out with my friends I tell them that I need to head back.

  Sadly, one of my friend’s uncles died. Out of my three close friends two of them have linage that lead to Pangasinan. Those two friends are from Abra and they also have Igorat heritage. If you haven’t read up on my past post Igorat is the equivalent to Native American for us. So, they are called ‘indigenous’ or they’re ‘native filipinos’. These people are the Filipinos who were living on the Philippines Islands before the Spanish came. Also take note that not all of them consider themselves Igorat. Igorat is what my family’s tribe calls themselves but my two friends have blood from different tribes.

  Anyway! We looked up our three locations and it turns out that Rosales, Pangasinan is right in the middle of all three of our barangays so we could totally plan a trip to see all our families. We jokes with our friend who is from San Vincente and said that we’ll be right back and he got all sad because his family is from the area around Vigan as far as he knows. But! His mother is in Spain so I think that’s still cool.

  I don’t know if I shared this with you all or not but I’d love to live in Spain one day. I looked up the requirements for Spain and I don’t know how it works but if I was a Filipino citizen then I’d could work in Spain for a year and then get my citizenship. So, what I’m curious to know is if I get my dual as a Filipino citizen am I able to get a citizenship to Spain through that?

  Of course, this is a thought for later. I like to travel in general. The plan was to finish school, become a Duel Citizen after I graduate then I’d get to see if I could visit Spain. My friend who has a mother working in Honk Kong told me that Honk Kong is two hours away and I found that interesting. One day, I hope I can meet her mom (while I’m with her of course).

  San Vicente: My friend took us to a Lola (woman who is around a grandmother’s age) in San Vicente who was alive during the Ferdinand Marcos Reign. Here, they call it the Marcos Regime. (I’ve never used Regime before so it’s weird for me to think ‘Regime’ instead of ‘Reign’. Regime refers to a form of government. Now that I’m staring at it, I still don’t feel that I would use the word but that’s what they call it here so I won’t argue with it.

  Anyway, she was really nice! She told us to call her Tita Vini. She worked in Thailand for a long time as a teacher and I found that interesting as well. At her house she has a museum that displayers her (brother’s(?)) art. I’ll be sure to post pictures and see if I can find any articles over the place. If I can’t find any I’ll go back and write one of my own but I doubt there isn’t one. Even then, I really want to go back.

  San Vicente is only ten minutes outside of Vigan City and it feels so much better! I like to think of San Vincente as a suburban area. My friend from there said his family is from San Vicente and Mansingal (I don’t know if I spelled that right lol). I told my cousin that if we had to move somewhere I’d chose San Vicente because it’s only ten minutes away and it feels nice. I know he wouldn’t like it though because he’d be away from his friends.

  Anyways, about Tita Vini’s place and why we went. So, she has a forest like backyard like! Whoa! She loves nature and believes that as long as we take care of it then it will take care of us and she’s not wrong! Originally, I went for the company but when she spoke more English at the beginning than Ilocano or Tagalog I started to listen in. Her life was really interesting.

  She was the oldest of her family. I didn’t catch all the details because she did switch languages and I can’t remember everything she said. But, for a lot of Marco’s reign she was in Thailand. She does like Marcos better than Duterte. She even asked me about my opinion about my country’s politics and I told her that I’m not a supporter of my president either. I told her that I wanted to teach to prevent presidencies like our current presents right now. She smiled about that.

  Whoa! There’s so much to cover and I already hit my one thousand words for this post. I don’t want to drag on so I’ll just have to have a separate post for the rest of this. Don’t forget to message me guys. I enjoy talk to you all. And I miss everyone. I also support all of you! So, please let me know what you’ve been up to and if your own boss. Things like that! Like my sister makes her own jewelry and she also sells eggrolls on the side! My friend Michael Dye is kicking it at her It! Works sells. My middle sister is a photographer and I have other friends who are also photographers. I have another friend who is working on her Modeling career and her photos are so beautiful!

  So yea y’all let me know what you’re up to! I’d love to hear from you. I also I appreciate all of you who come and read these post. It means the world to me. I like knowing that there’s a steady fifty of you reading these post. Even though I’m not making money off this website it still makes me happy. Maybe one day I’ll have my own business too.
Well, that’s all for now
Thanks for reading!
DJ/Nar/Cho

P.S: This week on February 15th I will be taking the Teacher Aptitude Test! I need to pass it in order to continue studying as a teacher. For those of you reading this before February 15th please think about me and hope that I will pass this test! I'm confident but I don't want to be cocky. Thank you again guys. All of you who read these make my day! <3 all="" and="" are="" doing="" good="" hope="" i="" luck="" me="" of="" p="" wish="" you="" yourselves="">

Keep up with me at the following:
Ask Questions Here

 This will send me an email with your questions you don’t have to leave a name. I will post the answer to the blog!

 
Facebook

      This is mainly for communication so go ahead, add me. Message me every once in a while so that I remember who you are. Otherwise, I'll delete you at the end of the year when I clear through my facebook lol.

 
Instagram

       I follow anyone who follows me! This is mainly pictures of where I go!

 Wattpad

 If I don’t write a post here there’s probably a chance that I have written something on my Wattpad because there I post poems! They are shorter reads with more meaning. I am currently working on two poetry books but the more important one that ties into this travel blog is called ‘A Barrier Meant To Be Broken’. Below are the last five poems I wrote on there as of thi


No comments:

Post a Comment