Wednesday, October 9, 2019

How To Relieve The Self: A Comparison between a Western Toilet and a Filipino Toilet


Western
 
 What to say when going to relieve the self: 
"I'm going to the bathroom." 
"I'm going to the restroom." 
"I need to pee." 
"I need to take a piss." 
"I'm going to use the John." 
(There are more ways to ask but basically this is it.)
Parts of the toilet:
Toilet Tank (The Back)
Toilet Seat (What you sit on)
Toilet Paper (Yes this counts)
Toilet Bowl (When you flush, it goes down this)
How to Pee:
Female: Sit
Male: Stand. Lift toilet seat up and aim.

How to Relieve the Anus:
Both: Sit, Don’t hurt yourself.
Use Toilet Paper.
In Public, the same rules apply because the toilets are the same.
Sinks: Are required to work and have soap so you can wash your hands!
Trash cans: Will be provided, use them.

Filipino
 
 What to say when going to relieve the self: 
"I'm going to use the C.R" (Comfort Room)
Parts of the toilet:
Toilet Bowl
Water Bucket
Pail

How to Pee:
Female: Crouch (You’ll build those thigh muscles) Lean forward if you have to.
Male: Stand. Aim. Don’t Miss.
How to Relieve the Anus:
Both: Stand on toilet edges (it’s wider so it’s designed for this) and crouch.
Relieve the self.
Those baby wipes I mentioned? Hope you brought some.
If without baby wipes… Traditionally… Use water and hand to clean the self. Then use soap bar to clean the hands.
In Public, some places that have the finances will provide a toilet that is more ‘western’. Use the instructions on the left side for those details.
However, the toilet paper may or may not be provided despite the bathrooms being public.
Sinks: Most likely don’t have water IF there is a sink. Bring hand sanitizer and or as most Filipinos call it, rubbing alcohol.
Trash Cans: May or may not be provided. Do not flush your toilet paper down the toilet, if you bring your own baby wipes or toilet paper, have an extra plastic bag with you to throw these away in. Or, hold onto it until you find a trash can.

Vlog Week One: What Did I Miss About the U.S? Read the post here!

Learning something? Keep up with me so that you don't miss a post, video, or pictures!

Keep up with me at the following:

Youtube

I began to vlog on October 2nd 2019! Whether you prefer to listen to my vlog, read my blog, or enjoying looking into both, I appreciate it!


Ask Questions Here

 This will send me an email with your questions you don’t have to leave a name. I will post the answer to the blog!

 
Facebook

      This is mainly for communication so go ahead, add me. Message me every once in a while so that I remember who you are. Otherwise, I'll delete you at the end of the year when I clear through my facebook lol.

 
Instagram

       I follow anyone who follows me! This is mainly pictures of where I go!

 Wattpad


       Writing has always been a passion of mine. Interested in reading what's on my mind? Read up on a more emotional perspective of my life here!


No comments:

Post a Comment