Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28th, 2019

Hey guys!

  Let me tell you about my first mentally aware week of school! School started on the fourteenth but that doesn’t mean I was mentally aware of what was going on around me. I started class on January eighteenth and then it was the weekend. (I went home to San Emilio too!) So, I’m excited to update you all now that I’m not exhausted!

  I’m going to start with my classes. This year I basically have four history classes. It makes the homework slightly easier and it makes it more interesting for me. Now I have more motivation to look up the history of the country. I also like the instructors I have this year.

  Here are my classes this year:

MWF
  • Readings in Philippine History
  • Good Manners and Right Conduct
  •  Technology of Teaching
  •  Facilitating Learner Centered (the enrolment form didn’t have the full title lol)
T
  •  Fitness and Exercise

TTH
  •  The Contemporary World
  •  Filipino (the title was changed apparently plus the title’s in Filipino so we’re going to leave it at Filipino lol)
  •  Science, Technology, and Society

  Which classes are my history classes? Readings in Philippine History, Good Manners and Right Conduct (it’s about society and the history of it lol), The Contemporary World (History of the world today), and Science, Technology, and Society. That’s about the Science and Technology of the Philippines and how it effects society.

  I had mentioned that I was going to post my assignments to my blog and I think that I should get to that. There’s a lot of documents on Filipino history but most of them are scattered and they may or may not be reliable so I want to have a page that has what I’ve collected from this year!

  I’ll be sure to tag my history friends. I know a lot of you come to this blog to read over what I’m doing so I don’t want to only post historical stuff but I do think what I’m going to learn this year is valuable and in that sense, I want to share it with all of you.

  This year I also have two tutors and one Filipino teacher. I need to write the notes I have from last year into the journal that I dedicated to the notes (since they’re all scattered and scribbles lol). I’m going to try and go out to eat once a month and show you all the places I have tried in Vigan. Again, these are all plans but I have a lot of pictures and I haven’t put a post to them.

  There’s a fifteen page document that my class had to read and my teacher wanted us to summarize it into 500 words max and after that she wanted us to summarize it into three sentences. Her point of the exercise is that the way that the students were taught were strictly to memorize but not to understand content. Personally, I liked the exercise. But then again, I read the whole thing thinking that I had to do it on my own and later I found out that I was part of group and we all could have split the content but that’s okay. I like reading anyway.

  An issue I was having when I got here a week ago is that I went straight from Texas to Japan. After Japan I went to Manila and from the plane in Manila I went on a bus to Vigan. I don’t know how many hours passed but I had to go from Austin, Texas to Dallas, Texas. After that I went from Dallas all the way to Japan. After I waited about two hours in Japan I went to Manila and from there I arrived in Manila. I left on January thirteenth and arrived in the Philippines at ten in the afternoon on the thirteenth. It took another right hours from Manila to get to Vigan City and it was rough.

  The first thing I noticed when I got back was that the soda tasted weird. Back home in Texas I drank a lot of soda and alcohol. (Thanks Manong) Lol. I’ll talk more about my Texas adventure later but because of that I got used to a lot more sugar and carbonation being in soda. Here in the Philippines the soda has a more natural sugar in it and it also doesn’t have the additives we do in Texas and that’s why it tasted weird whenever I got back.

  When I got to Vigan I had to enrol. I arrived at ten in the morning on the fourteenth. My Uncle followed me everywhere and it was funny because by the second time we walked back to my dorm he was like, “Ay, Nar. I can’t.” *heavy breathing* “I’ll wait at the apartement”. Lol. I love my uncle he’s too funny.

  I don’t have much more time to write this and whenever the timer says I need to save my documents I’ll go ahead and post what I’ve written. I want everyone to know that even though I did go home I didn’t announce it for the fact that I didn’t want to see you all. It’s because time is limited and I had to plan strategically. But rest assured. I’ll be back soon and this time I’ll be able to hang out with a lot of you!

    Well, as I wrote that I realized that my time is up. I’ll be sure to have more to tell you next week! Keep in touch everyone! Miss you all and if you’re in the Philippines. I’m sorry if I haven’t spoken with you since I got back. There has been a lot of time adjustment going on so please! Don’t be afraid to message me or say hello. I try to be as friendly as possible!

Till next time, DJ/Cho/Nar

Keep up with me with the following:

Ask Questions Here

 This will send me an email with your questions you don’t have to leave a name. I will post the answer to the blog!

 Facebook

      This is mainly for communication so go ahead, add me. Message me every once in a while so that I remember who you are. Otherwise, I'll delete you at the end of the year when I clear through my facebook lol.

 Instagram

       I follow anyone who follows me! This is mainly pictures of where I go!

 Wattpad

 If I don’t write a post here there’s probably a chance that I have written something on my Wattpad because there I post poems! They are shorter reads with more meaning. I am currently working on two poetry books but the more important one that ties into this travel blog is called ‘A Barrier Meant To Be Broken’. Below are the last five poems I wrote on there as of this post being queued.

A Barrier Meant To Be Broken
1.Leaving
2.Too Bright 
3.Calculating 
4.In This Country 
5. A Silent Understanding 




No comments:

Post a Comment