Sunday, March 31, 2019

Meeting Tuan Thailand - Part Two

Meeting Tuan Thailand 

March 29th, 2019

This is the Part Two of 'Meeting Tuan Thailand'. If you haven't read Part One I encourage that you read it before reading this part!

I took this photo right after I interviewed him. He is so wholesome <3 div="">


  They played another song and then asked for someone to come up again. During their third song I had told the emcee that I wanted to meet the bass player. And he told me that he was going to call people up to talk to the band members at the end and I could talk to him then. Well, the emcee grabbed me when they asked for another person to come up. The bass player and I were to sing Photograph. I know the song by heart but I learned that unless the mic was at my lip, the small space between me and the mic was enough to ensure that my voice couldn’t be heard.

  I was singing though. Which at one point, I tapped the mic to see if it worked then I turned it off and on again. Instead, I shrugged and went with it. Before I was dragged onto the stage the singer had asked for the lights to go out and for everyone to take out their phones and turn on the flashlight. I wish the mic would have worked or I would have placed the mic closer to my face but it bothers me to have the mic that close which is why I didn’t put it there.

  I got lost is the song and singing it but all I could hear was the bass player’s voice which wasn’t bad for me because I liked his voice but I wish the mic would have worked. Maybe it was my voice but I had fun regardless seeing the audience interact and having the band around me was so exciting! I wanted to get a picture with the bass player then but I didn’t because they were in the middle of getting to the next song so I got off the stage and returned to my Physics friend.

  After that I enjoyed the songs that they sung and at one point, the lead singer got off stage against to interact with the audience. He got pictures with everyone who wanted pictures and the secondary guitarist was also being interactive but didn’t get off stage. I looked up at the bass player who was defiant to the idea of getting off stage. He saw that I wanted to take a picture with him and he had thrown something off stage but (me being blind) didn’t see it until someone else grabbed.

  After they sung their last song the emcee announced that anyone could interview the band members and was welcome to go up and interview any of them. The first girl who got on stage was the first to go up and interview the secondary guitarist. Then, the emcee eyed me and I was so nervous. I didn’t know what I wanted to ask.

  Once I marched up on stage. The emcee asked who I wanted to talk to and I pointed at the bass player. Part of him was surprised but not because he knew I had paid attention to him throughout the concert but the lead singer and the other band members encouraged him as he grabbed mic and I was handed the one that the emcee had.

  His English name was Win (pronounced like Won). The first interview with the second guitarist was short and conveyed a Filipino cultural interview where the girl has asked if the guitarist was single and he said that he was. Then he asked if she was single. Filipinos get a kick out of these kind of interactions and I’m not entirely sure why but I do know that it’s very common to want to flirt publically. It defuses the nerves in them.

  Coming from a different culture, I didn’t focus on trying to flirt. The emcee wanted me to hug the bass player but I was more interested in who he was and how/why he was the bass player in the band. I personally have always wanted to be a bass player but it was also his voice that captivated me into wanting to get to know him.

  My first question was, “How many years have you been doing music?” And he was surprised that I asked him that but he said twenty years and then said that he was twenty-one.

  I don’t know if that’s true or not. I’m Asian and I can never tell the age of an Asian. Most Asians tend to either look really young or really old and I’m on the younger spectrum so I get mistaken for the wrong age all the time. So, I figured he was joking. But, I replied with, “Oh whoa! I’m twenty-two!”

  What I loved the most about interacting with him was the silent conversation we had as I interviewed him. I eyed his arm which had tattoos and I asked how many tattoos he had. He laughed and said, “Ten.” I then smiled and showed him only a portion of my tattoo on my left arm. “That’s so cool! I have three!”

  The third question I asked was ‘what is your favorite color’? His reaction was so cute! He lifted up his foot and pointed at his sock and goes, “Green!” And it was so adorable I couldn’t help but laugh. He was laughing too (nervously) but I think it helped defuse the actual nervousness he felt. The interaction in general was great.

  His English was broken, of course, but as I asked him questions he realized that my accent wasn’t the same as the emcee’s or the other Filipinos so he was looking at me trying to figure what was different about me. I was wearing a dress with boots (not cowboy boots but the term escapes my mind). I looked Filipino but I didn’t sound Filipino. So to him, he I wasn’t what he associated with as ‘Filipino’ by personality but by looks I was Filipino. Then he noticed that I even looked different than the others in a way. I didn’t match the attire of the rest of the Filipinos that were there. I had a more gothic look to me which isn’t an attire that is common, especially among the University students.
  Then I asked “Would you enjoy coming back to perform for us again?” And he was like, “Yes! I’d love too.” (Speaking on the behalf of the band).
--

  This is part two of three. If you would like to read the whole journal entry (which is 3-4 thousand words) you are welcome to by clicking on this link. Otherwise, tune in tomorrow for the last part of the journal entry!

Thank you for reading,
Dj/Cho/Nar
Discover Tuan Thailand!

 They don't really use this but there are a few videos of their music on there.  



Spotify
 Two of their songs are available on Spotify. One is 1,000 miles and the other is written in Thai so I don’t know what the name is but it’s good!

Keep up with Dj!

Ask Questions Here

 This will send me an email with your questions you don’t have to leave a name. I will post the answer to the blog!

 
Facebook

      This is mainly for communication so go ahead, add me. Message me every once in a while so that I remember who you are. Otherwise, I'll delete you at the end of the year when I clear through my facebook lol.

 
Instagram

       I follow anyone who follows me! This is mainly pictures of where I go!

 Wattpad

No comments:

Post a Comment