Monday, October 29, 2018

9.29.18


9.29.18
  Today I was able to talk to the teacher who I had an issue with and she was able to teach me. Her teaching methods aren't the easiest for me to understand but I do feel that today we were able to break some tension between us. She understands now that I have been exposed to many languages and because of that, it is not easy for me to learn.
  From my experience here, I can safely say that language learning IS NOT one of the easier subjects for me to pick up on. The more I learn the languages here, the more inaccurate my spelling in English becomes.
  I'm having to read over the English language so I can teach it properly. If anything, by the time I leave here I can have a basic teaching plan for English. My main issue right now with my language learning is that I have notes EVERYWHERE. I write on what I have at the time and I'm learning from different people. I have friends who are willing to teach me, I have 3 teachers teaching me the languages now.
  Out of all the languages, I'm the most accurate in Ilokano. By the end of this semester, if I pass everything, I will ask the Dean if I will be allowed to be in a Filipino and Ilokano class for the next semester. Or, I will request that I continue to have tutoring classes.
  By the time I reach my third year I will need to be able to teach Filipino. Here, a General Education degree will allow me to teach up to 6th grade (Grade 6). I'll probably specify somewhere between Kinder and 3rd. In 4th they begin to teach English and I would rather use my English the least amount possible.
  I don't know if the teacher will allow it when I start my practice teaching but I'll always translate myself in English. That way, the children are exposed to English, even if they're not using it.
  Right now, I'm uploading videos via Bluetooth because my phone refuses to pick up on my phone even though it's charging it... I need to buy Microsoft. My computer has the apps but they won't work unless I have a subscription. Microsoft is the same price here as it is in America. I was told that there are other places to get it installed but I haven't found it yet.
  There is a lot of work that needs to be done in my apartment. The maintained people are working on our bathroom at the moment. The ceiling anyways. The landlord said that they would fix something every Sunday. Today I came home to them fixing the bathroom.
  It makes me happy that they're willing to fix everything in this apartment. The way things are done here are completely different from home. I also find it amusing that one of the guys is wearing a 'Hertz' shirt from the company back home. There isn't a 'Hertz' here but whoever sent that used to work for the company. I always find it funny when I see people wearing work shirts form the US.
  What I would really like right now is to be able to sleep but I don't think I'll be able to with the construction. Plus, I need to finish uploading all these videos. It's only 4pm but I feel very tired. On Friday, I went to the University clinic to get a checkup and the clinic gave me medicine for free. I feel bad because I would rather the free medicine go to someone who cannot afford it but I had been sick for a whole week before I went to them.
  The doctors were upset because I waited a week. But I told them that usually my sinus goes away after three to five days and I don't normally feel fatigue. Since I had been through the symptoms before I didn't want to trouble them. But after a week I didn't know how much more I could take. This sinus infection is worse than I thought. I'm just glad Dimer hasn't shown any signs of what I have because if he did, I don't know if I would have the patience to deal with him. (lol).
  What is due this coming week? By Monday, I'm supposed to learn how to dance to the song 'Hand Clap by Fitz and The Tantrums. We have a skit to perform. (I don't have a huge role). In one of my classes, the group I'm in needs to create a song that expresses the stages of human development. We have a photo essay (?) from what my friend said, it's a representing word with pictures.
  Elementary teachers are expected to be the most creative people. Art is a language I can speak. But actual languages and speaking them isn't as easy for me. If anything, if I had a choice, I'd learn Ilokano first but Filipino is a class of mine so I need to be able to pass that.
  Due to the artsy assignments I'm having to deal with, I'm having to reinvest in my art supplies. I'm thinking of getting a chest to keep my art supplies in. However, I know that many people will be asking me for my supplies so I'm going to be insecure and make them pay P5 to borrow it if I'm around. I'll keep most of my items are my apartment because I'm already having to carry around a lot of things as is. I'm thinking that I'll need a Tuesday/Thursday bag and a Monday/Wednesday/Friday bag. I'll also need a Saturday bag. I don't want to do that because I'll probably lose something but it seems that it'll be the easiest option.
  The maintenance is done with the ceiling but I think they realized that the toilet is also messed up so that's a fun discovery. I need to buy more cleaning supplies and a place to put the cleaning supplies because somehow everything always ends up on the floor of the bathroom and I find that disgusting.
  Overall, I really like it here in the Philippines. Yes, my skin has its issues adjusting but I'm probably the healthiest I've been in a long time. (Excluding these past two weeks because of this Sinus Infection). Take out the time I got a Staph Infection as well lol. I've been drinking a lot of coconut juice since I've moved to Vigan. I want to get gifts for people but if I get a gift for one person, I'm expected to get a gift for everyone.
  Christmas music starts in September in this country. I call that treason. But I don't go out to the places that play a lot of Christmas music so I'm not worried about it. The maintained have finished their project for this week. The toilet still needs to be fixed. There's another part of the ceiling that needs to be fixed. They insist of painting the whole room.
  I have 43 files to upload through Bluetooth so I'm probably going to take a nap and hope that when I wake up, the files will be where they need to be. Even if I don't get a grade for this project, I still found it fun.
  To Vlog about the culture of the Philippines. If I had better connection I would do videos. However, videos are not the easiest for me to keep up with. Maybe one day, I'll present videos on my blog. But for now, I'll show you all the project whenever it is finished.
  I really need to upload more photos onto the blog. I have been taking less pictures due to school. But I have saving my friends' and classmates' pictures instead. I'm thinking about doing a college or two out of the photos I have. I'm sure they'll like that.
  Well, there's twenty paragraphs for you. I'll upload this and hopefully, it will keep you occupied. Thank you all for tuning in. Message me on Facebook, tag me in silly post, message me on Instagram, add me on my Wattpad. However, you want to communicate with me. I will try my best to answer!
Till next time,
DJ/Cho/Shinar

No comments:

Post a Comment