Tuesday, November 6, 2018

10.25.18


Magandang Araw sa inyo (Good day everyone) [Filipino: English]

  I wanted to inform everyone that I am currently having cell phone problems and I don’t have enough money to go get the cell phone fixed due to some unexpected bills. I also left my flash drive at the library and by the time I came back to check on it the flash drive was taken. Luckily, someone had the power point that I saved on the flash drive. I am planning on buying more when I get home because flash drives are expensive here.

   Right now I’m waiting to go to a school event. Not having social media has become a real problem in the past few days because my classmates usually try to message me about an assignment or make announcements. I had to pay a fee because I wasn’t aware that we were going to wear our uniform on a different day than usual.

   I don’t remember the last time that I wrote to y’all but I do know that some of you are reading these despite me not posting them on social media so that makes me happy. Thank you. I will post them when I get the chance I suppose. I’m having to depend on my cousin’s phone at the moment. I can use my phone…but it had to be on a charger and since I’m not using the phone the battery doesn’t die. I don’t like keeping a device that is fully charged on a charger.

  My Filipino is improving. Although, I still lack in being able to communicate without a pen and paper. My teacher asked me why I need to write the English sentence down before saying the Filipino sentence. I don’t translate the sentence on paper but I look at the words and I can then structure the sentence into what I am trying to say.

  This post will be short because I don’t have much time but I do want all of you to know that I’m doing okay and I haven’t taken my midterms yet. Me and my Filipino teacher are getting along. Although, the content is hard I’m doing my best to learn it.

  To tell everyone the truth. I’m thinking of changing courses after this second semester due to the simple fact that I don’t think that I’ll be able to learn two languages fluently by the time my second semester is over. I still want to study at the university but I’m going to look at see what other course I can take so that I have more time to hone in on my Filipino and Ilokano.

  Most of the people I interact with don’t preferably speak Filipino, they speak Ilokano. My cousin saw my Filipino homework and told me that I’m better at writing in Filipino than he is so I shouldn’t ask him for help. However, when it comes to Ilokano he can help. The problem in that case is that his Ilokano is a mix between Itneg and Ilokano.

  I’m thinking about pursuing communication or linguistic if they have it. I don’t want to go for technology and I don’t want to teach only one subject. The degree is meant for a way to say that I am capable of teaching that way I’ll have certificate proving that my tutoring methods are good.

  That’s all the time I have for now. Sorry that I won’t be able to answer anyone’s facebook messages. I’ll try to post on Wattpad when I’m near a computer with internet. Again, thanks guys for keeping up with me. I miss each and everyone of you. If you are a person that has not met me but you’re reading my blog I want to tell you that I appreciate you. You are taking the time to listen and that’s all that 
matters to me.
Till next time,
DJ/Cho/Nar

No comments:

Post a Comment