Monday, November 26, 2018

Week Thirty Two: 10.13.18 Part III


Part III
  In this country it is very hard to work and go to school. Something I also noticed was that people judge a lot here. Why? In America people judge all the time. But we’re taught that it doesn’t matter what they think. It matters if you’re happy. Here, what other people think controls what you do. And I learned when I was junior high (Grade 6 to 8) that living that way is stressful so I stopped caring about other peoples’ opinions and it gave me control over my life. I was able to determine my own happiness.
  Now I’ve gone off on a tangent. Sorry everyone. To answer another question… I don’t know who will be the one to take care of my Inang after my Uncle Krilo but the other purpose of the position is ‘who will take care of the family house’?
  The concept of a family house is really neat. In America, the family house is my Auntie Loca’s house. Everyone goes there to stay. I think the house before hers was my parents’ house when we lived on Grape Creek Road. One day, I hope to buy that area again. I have dreams about it. I don’t know why. But because of the dreams, it makes me want to buy the land.
  Overall, I want everyone to know that despite all my complaining today I’ve learned a lot since I’ve come to this country. However, I, myself, cannot act fully like them. I wish that I could but some things that they do I’ve trained myself not to do because it sets off my anxiety or my depression or it is flat out too stressful.
  Many people here look up to me because of my individualistic nature. I had to learn how to live with minimal guidance. Luckily my moral compass points in a just direction so I haven’t turned out to be on the bad side of the human population. I try to guide the people who ask me for guidance. But I also have to take in the cultural differences. I usually tell the person, “The American response would be…” vs “the Filipino response would be…”
  It’s hard for me to care about what strangers think of me. I care about what people think only when they are interactive in my life. And even when they state their opinion, I don’t live by it. I tell them that I respect their opinions but I’m going to do what I feel is right.
  People here care about what others think so much, it makes me wonder how they deal with the stress of letting others control their life. I stopped letting the person who were controlling my life have that authority by the age fourteen. I was so worried about what they thought, what they wanted, and how they wanted me to live that I was not happy with myself.
  Here, as long as the family is happy then everyone’s happy. And that’s not true. But I can’t change the people here. I don’t want to. I try to understand why they live the way they live and right now the main goal that I have is to learn the languages. When I’m writing like this I can think in perfect English. However, my spelling does go on an adventure because of the way I have to think on a daily basest.
  In person, my English has changed to try and adapt to the people here. I try to make myself understandable but not everyone does that for the people around them. I want to thank you guys for listening. I’ve said a lot today. I’m going to be posting this in three parts to try and spread out my notifications. I don’t like making people read too much when they’re trying to ‘checkup on me’ so if you’ve made it to the third post, congratulations.
  I know that many people read these because I see the amount of ‘reads’ on my blog and it makes me happy. Thank you all for caring about me. All of you want to see me succeed on my journey and I’m going to try my best. Even though I’m stressed, I know that I can push through it because of the amount of support I get from back home.
  I haven’t been posting pictures and I’m sorry about that. I’m going to do my best to keep you all updated and the reason why I’ve split this into three parts is because I need to post consistently. I’ve started to write on my laptop and I will transfer the post to my blog after I transfer it to my flash drive. Once I’ve done that, whenever I’m at a computer shop(Internet Café), I try to schedule post.
  As of right now, I have 5 post waiting to be scheduled. I also want to post my essays because I think they’re important enough for you all to read. Everything that I write about is a rough draft to the question ‘how am I going to improve the education system’ and I feel that all of you should read over them. I’d like to hear suggestion or remarks. Anything from y’all.
  I do know that many of you want me to do vlogs. And if I do eventually get around to it. I will keep them at a 5 to 10 minute average because it will allow me to post more. Although, it is difficult to post video because of how long it takes to upload these things. I can make videos and they’ll sit there. When I finally get around to them they take an hour if not longer to upload and it’s dreadful to sit there and wait for the file to upload.
  People have asked me if I have a youtube and I do. But I don’t use it. I think what I should do is have a topic for 5 minutes and tell y’all about it as much as I can. I don’t know how that’ll work but I do want to try. I’ve had to touch back up on my Wattpad so for those of you who have a Wattpad please follow me and I’ll follow you back as long as you tell me that you’ve followed me.
  Continue to tag me and message me. Please, if I don’t answer after a week, message me again because I have to use my messenger every day and many messages go unseen if I’m talking to more than one group or more than one person. I receive at least 20 different threads a day. 20. So just remember, I’m not ignoring you, I’m flooded with messages. Message me again to push your notification to the top. Tag me in anything funny, anything interesting. I don’t care what it is.
  I miss everyone. I’ll be home between semesters for sure. I love you guys. Thank you for listening. This is part 3 of 3. If you want to read Part 1 (here is the link) and if you want to read Part 2 (Here is the link).
DJ/CHO/NAR



No comments:

Post a Comment