Tuesday, July 17, 2018

First Night At The Apartment!


7.16.18 Monday

  First night in the apartment! Whoa this whole dorm thing is super new to me. So I live more in a dorm than an apartment. There's a public kitchen, public bathroom/shower area, and a public place to wash your clothes. I'll make sure to take pictures. But man. Is it dusty up in this dorm! Whoever lived in the room I'm in smoked because as I was wiping down the area i could see that layer of yellow that I'm familiar with. I wiped my bed area twice and I'll go over it again later. Dust bunnies fell from the top bunk. Like. Oh no! This is NOT how i'm going to live lol. My feet were filthy at the bottom. There is a private kitchen area and bathroom as well.

  The only reason why I know there's a public bathroom is because I was in the public cooking area waiting for the water to boil in the kettle me and Dimer bought today and this guy that lives on the 3rd floor walks out with a towel slung iver his shoulder in the nude. I hear him and turn and he just grins and I'm like ....😅😶... *looks away quickly*

  He apparently hasn't had to deal with many attendants in the dorms since he moved in early. There's a balcony in the cooking area so I decided to open the sliding door to it and sit in the available chair which so happened to be next to his dorm.

  So he finishes showering, I look up again because I hear someone and he has that grin on his face again. This time, I smile back, just glad he has the towel around his waist this time.

  Like. There's no hope. I'm going to have to get to know him now. I've already seen more of him than I've asked for so. Welp.

  Today me and Dimer bought a kettle, 2 blankets, food for tonight, and 1 fan. I didnt have enough to buy two. Dimer is probably going to sleep with the windows open and I feel bad about that. I do know that if we get an AC (or Aircon as they keep calling it lol) it'll be in my room because Dimer cant stand the cold. He likes cool not cold. And he can take hot.

  Tomorrow I'll be going to an Elementary with one of my teachers. She is my (something about childrens behavior I think). I spent some time with her today. I also spent 1k for the kids and honestly I'm probably not going to do that again. It's not me being selfish but I can't flaunt my money around like that or people will think that I have an endless supply and the truth is, I don't.

  The teacher's name is Mrs. Alma. She has 3 kids so I'm assuming she's married but she may not be because she never mentioned a husband. She's super nice and we can make jokes with each other. I'll be handing out hygene supplies and teaching the kids the English Alphabet. In the Philippines they call the alphabet ABAKADA where as we call the alphabet The ABC's. She asked me to pick a song to teach them since I told her I could sing. (I should stop sharing information so blately lol it's like these people pay attention or something xD).

  I chose the ABC's because you can sing Twinkle Twinkle and other sings but I can't remember pther titles. Let me know if y'all can remember any with the same rhythem because if Mrs. Alma let's me go and interact with the kids again I will. (But i won't pay for her expeses).

  I don't want to remove my piercings in fear of lossing the holes but it's probably going to happen since the lip/mouth area is the fastest to heal. Welp. There goes $70 i suppose. Plus the amount i spent on piercings.

  Mrs. Alma said I'll be taking classes for 4 years and taking 1 intership year. That's longer than I thought but honestly. It's okay. I'll definatly be able to speak Ilocano, Tagalog, and Itneg by then. I still want to learn Spanish so for those of you who can speak it please! Help me out! I have Doulingo. But i dont always have connection.

  Alright. So. I have a lot of dedications written in my notes hut I havent posted any. So I'm thinking of having them separately listed later on that way people can read their dedication and I can know if I've dedicated to them already. I want to show my support for all my friends because all of you support me and that's what friends do!
--

These dedications are for people who are currently stuggling. One way or another. I want them to know that I support them and I want you all to have them in your thoughts and/or in your prayers. Thank you ❤

Luna: Im sorry for your loss, Hun. Your brother will always be watching over you. I'm sure his love for you will always be within you. If I was there. I'd comfort you but this all I got. For those of you who pray, keep her in her prayers. And those of you who don't keep her in her thoughts. Lossing someone we love always hurts one way or another. Love ya girl, be strong!

Krystal Mirage: You always post beautiful pictures. I want you to know that (:. Everyone, my friend is going through a rough time. If you could keep them and their mother in your prayers that would help them spiritually.
  I dont have too many memories with William, but I do support everything he does.

Here's a link to his donation page everyone. As little as $5 will make a difference.

https://www.gofundme.com/road-to-recovery-for-teresa-moreno

Samantha Howell: Both of her parents were admitted into the hospital on the 11th. They both have chest pain and an additional health issue. We were in Band together back in High School. They are sp

ending their anniversary in the hospital so please! Keep them in your thoughts!!
-


July 12 2013: #88: Loss of Jason Roberts. The time I felt the whole school's spirit shake

  I remember being on the computer at my sister's house while watching her dogs and a sudden feeling came over me. I stopped what I was doing and suddenly checked facebook. When something happens to my friends or something effecrs a mass of my friends I can feel it. And I don't know how else to explain that.

  I logged in my feed was full of sadness, heartache, and references that i didnt understand. All I knew was that someone had died. But who? So I google it and I find an interview with one of my elementary mates, Eli Peterson. Him and Jason had gone to the gym early that morning and now, suddenly, he was gone.

  My heart sank. All of the references suddenly made sense and I exited the browser to type a poem. A long one that I don't have a copy of. It was about Jason and how he changed the school how his smile lit up thehalls and his laugh was so joyful. He was really an inspiration. His favorite mlvie was the Titanic and he was going to be in football. He was in band as a bass clarinet player but he found more passion in football. Jason was one of thoee people who never frown. He always seemed so happy despite the hardship that I learned after this death. I could only imagine how his grandmother felt. She outlived not only her daughter (Jason's mother) but also her grandbaby. At the time, my heart didnt know how to take the news so I did what I could to participate in his honor. I went to his funeral, there was a candle cermeony, and I wrote the poem hoping that my care for him would be heard.

  This week marks 5 years since he departed and I can still feel his impact on the world. And honestly, I hope one day, I can have the same impact on others that he had. I had only one meory of Jason. One definate memory that I felt bad about. Back in Junior high I was very aggresive and he had made fun of me for being short so I grabbed his neck from behind, slung him down and began to kick him in the face. After that, we were good. He never made fun of me for being short. I don't care if someone makes fun of my height now. All I wish is that I had a better memory of Jason besides that. I guess his smile, laugh, and purity is enough to say that he made an impact in my life.

  For those of you who still think about Jason, don't worry. He's in our heart and he cared for each and every one of us. He wouldn't want us to be sad over his departure. Instead, we should look forward to seeing him and when that time comes, we can catch up. In the meantime, we should live like he did. Smile every day, be positive, and laugh like there's no tomorrow. Because you ever know what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment