Friday, July 6, 2018

Week 12

Okay. I currently owe you all like 5 weeks of post so here it goes. Right now I am on my way to Vigan City so I can take my entrence exam. Today is Friday July 6th.

  Recovered: I am free from Stsph Infection and my skin is better excema wise!

School: My Entrence Exam is tomorrow so wish me luck everyone!!! I'll let y'all know how I do.

D&D(Dungeons and Dragons):   Since my cousin Dimer showed interest in playing D&D I have been working on setting a campeign for him and 2 other people he finds to play the gsme with us. I'm excited to be a DM (Dungeon Master).
  Beforw I left Texas I was playing a campeign with my friends. Amanda was our DM, and the party consisted of Hannah, Jacob, Tim, and Aaron. I've come to enjoy the game of D&D and I miss my game nights with those friends. I want them all to know I miss them. I didnt realize how much of an impact I made on my friends. I knew I meant something to them because they all mean something to me but it wasn't until ileft that I saw the effect on my friends and I am sorry guys. Really, I am. But life said I needed a change and here is where i ended up. I hope yo post some of the adventures in the campeign here so be ready!!! Also, if you play D&D let me know some of the stories that come out of your campeigns. I love heard about D&D it's so interesting and fun to listen too!

  Zach: Okay so Zach wanted me to make 'Shorts' of an anime but it'll be more of a written manga sort of thing. He wanted me to call it "The Next Buddha" but I'm going to call it Igorot (E-go-rah-t) because that's what I'll call my character. I have piercingd and tattoos and that's an old trsdition so that's what I'll call it.
  It's going to be a Comedy. I want friends who are interested in drawing the shorts into comics to message me because I would love to post the comics here to the blog.
  There will be arcs. The current arc will be the current time of me being in the Philippines. I'll have an Arc for thr times when I was in Jr High and High School. And I'll have an Arc for the Game Nights that I was able to go to. I have stuff written already it's a matter of bing able to post it since my wifi is yet again messing up.

  Wifi: Wifi here makes me so mad. I could have prevented this at the airport but my mom and aunt DO NOT get along so I'm having to fight the 3rd world way of living with this wifi problem. It's not 100% bad. Honestly, nature had a mesmerizing song if you take the time to listen to it. But even though I want to post once a week sometimes I canr even do that.

  The first problem Ihad was that the network (somehow) would stral my load. It would randomly drain.

  Then there are times when I cant load my phone because i dont have a load card.

  And now my wifi sim, where you preload load to it won't let me log into it. So the wifi is locked. I plan to get it fixed in Vigan or not use it anymore.

Im also thinking of getting this sim called 'Load Wallet' it's a safe way to store load and I can sell it. So i can make money off of it. I can charge up to P5 per transaction. I'll probably only do P2 though lol.

  Languages: I havent done muh talking. I try. And i am better at understand the people here but I'm nowhere near fluent. Tagalog is the easiest for me to pick up on. But i cant avoid learning Ilocano and Itneg so I go ahead and learn as much as I can.  The great thing about this place is that Filipinos don't understand each other so it makes the intimidation less dominate. People are happy that I try to speak their languages and I'm happy they try to speak English. But. Let's be real here. Would you rather speak 108 languages or English? I opt for 108 languages. Lol

  Something the people here don't get is that people who 'English' butcher English. So while Filipinos try to learn the proper way to speak English us Americans are over here saying Oh-range vs R-ange and us Texans stop bothering to speak proper English when we came up with the word Y'all'd've. And no, I won't tell you what that means outright. Ask any Texan you know for the meaning of Y'all'd've.

  Work: So before I left the US I was working at Dollar General as a Key Holder (shift mananger). And before that I worked as an Overnight Sales Associate so basically was a manager. I got fired because I spoke up about the Store Manager not doing their job. I knew they weren't doing their job because I was the one doing their job.

  Well! I found out they got fired. Im so happy. They got what they deserved. And! There's hope that I can go back to working for that company WITH managing experiance! I'm so excited and I hope if I apply I can come back to the company. I know, it sounds crazy. Why would I want to go back to a Gas Station job? Because I loved it. The job was simple and easy and I worked my shift and went home. And went back the next night. It was great.

  So if push comes to shove I can work at the gas station again. And if not, there are other has stations. So there's hope.

  What I hope to change when I come back: What I want to be is a tutor. I csn pick up Substitue jobs in any city I'd like, to find kids who need to be tutored. I want to charge based on people's income they way they can afford my tutoring. I kmow that sounds odd but I'll have a down payment that'll get them so many hours in a week with me. I'll have a schedule of many hours a day we'll have and what it'll add up to in a month.

  I don't believe a person can learn properly if there isnt repetition and review. I dont know how I'll do it just yet but I get to practice here in the Philippines. I want to tutor other students in English. I was told to charge more than P100 but I'm trying to learn not make money. The P100 is to ensure the student shows up and to ensure that I have time for the person. I have to make lessons for the tutoring and when I tried to write a lesson in the same manner that a Tagalog learning book started i realizd how difficult English is.

  I was wondering what was taking so long. There's a wreak up ahead. The philippines traffic has become better with more structure but they are still very behind with no traffic lights, hardly any signs, and no street lights. Which is fine. It's not like we obey the traffic laws anyway in the US (what's a turning signal? Oh is that stop sign a suggestion. I'll think about it.) Lol.

  The drivers here are better than ours in the US. They know how to communicate. Which is MORE to say than in the US lol.

  Well everyone, I'm going to take my test in 30 minutes. Keep me in your thoughts. I'm nervous but I can do this. I know because a lot of people have faith in me. *inhales sharpy*

  Wish me luck, Shinar/Cho/DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment