Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday Watts: A Bitter Sweet Goodbye


A Barrier Meant To Be Broken
If you'd like to read more from this public poetry book you may! 
Click the caption!

Click Me!

The below is taken from the poetry book so if you read this, you may skip the introduction in the poetry book and read to your hearts content!


It's the insecurities that wake me. 
They prevent me to be sound. 
My heart jolts, an aching beat, 
There are no tears to be found.

I told myself that this was for the best,
And yet, here I am, my heart betraying me. 
It stings. A cold rush climbs through my veins, 
My breath becomes a gasp,
And then there is fear.

To be forgotten,
A memory, even if it is bright, 
I become a stepping stone below the blossoming environment.

Silence. How could it be so loud? 
Doubt comes with the quietness. 
Happiness... That's what I want. 
But this was my choice.
And I said, "Spread your wings."

This doesn't mean it won't hurt. 
When I see you fly, 
A bittersweet goodbye. 
And a rhythm in my heart,
That I know too well.

A song I've sung before. 
It would be assumed that the pain would be less.
Instead, the pain is different. 
And the intensity is the same if despite the past.

-

September 19, 2019

Want to read more poems about how I have handled my adjustment to the Philippines? Click the link under the cover to read more! As always, thank you for reading and I hope you tune in next week for another Sunday Watts! If not, I hope you stop by to read my Weekly Entry! 

Your views are always appreciated
DJ/Nar/Cho

Schedule: 
Sunday Watts - 12PM
Monday - Weekly Entry 12PM





 This will send me an email with your questions you don’t have to leave a name. I will post the answer to the blog!






      This is mainly for communication so go ahead, add me. Message me every once in a while so that I remember who you are. Otherwise, I'll delete you at the end of the year when I clear through my Facebook lol.


       I follow anyone who follows me! This is mainly pictures of where I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment